|Full resolution available at supertuxkart.net/posters. Drawing by Mariam Lamrani|
This release includes the following features:
- New track 'STK Enterprise'
- Updated tracks 'Old Mine', 'Around the Lighthouse' and 'Zen Garden'
- New modes 'Soccer' and 'Egg Hunt'
- New karts 'Xue' and 'Sara'
- Updated 'Beastie' kart
- Wiimote support (for most Wiimotes; check supertuxkart.net/wiimote for instructions and compatibility)
- Added tutorial
- Added new 'SuperTux' difficulty
- New bubblegum shield defensive weapon
- New combined speedometer and nitro meter
- Added ability to filter add-ons
- Updated nitro models
- Added ability to save and resume Grand Prix
- Improved skid marks and particle effects
Video available at youtu.be/WutAN4i98_o. Trailer by Thomas Fournet
It has taken us a rather long time for a minor release, but most of the developers have been rather busy with mentoring students for the “Google Summer of Code 2013”. On the other hand, we had many contributions from new developers: Dawid Gan tirelessly fixed bugs, making 0.8.1 the minor release with most bug fixes. Johannesr1 added shield functionality to bubblegum. Xenux added filtering of add-ons, Glenn De Jonghe saving of a Grand Prix (just abort a Grand Prix at the beginning of a race, later then restart the same Grand Prix again). Funto and Mohammad Al-Ghannam added a multi-player soccer mode.
You can get the new release from our download page for Windows Vista and newer, MacOSX 10.6 and newer (Intel architecture), and Linux (32-bit and 64-bit Intel/AMD architectures). Windows XP version will follow soon.
We hope you enjoy the new release, and as always we welcome new artists and programmers to join us, either through our forum or our mailing list. Also, you can follow us at Twitter @supertuxkart.
With SuperTuxKart 0.8.1 you can race roaringly rapid or roam ridiculously 'round, whatever you want!
French translation of this blog post: samuncle.net/?p=247